Marshal Community Program
Marshal Community Program Guidelines
Marshal Community Program Roles
Race Day (Venue) 10-15 Volunteers – 15th to 18th January 2020
- 1. Holding area
- 2. Start / Finish Line
- 3. Corporate / Senior citizens / CWD marquee – Operations 19th January 2020
- a. Interviews for Shortlisted Marshals: 12th-13th January 2020
- b. Half day briefing on responsibilities: 14th January 2020
Race Day (Route) - 18th to 19th January 2020
- 1. Course & Junction Marshals
Please Note: There will be a half day briefing on responsibilities: 15th January 2020
- Race Day (Aid Stations) -
- 1. Medical Tent
- 2. Aid Stations
Marshal Community Program Code of Conduct
The Marshal Community Program Code of Conduct aims to ensure that all marshals understand the standard of conduct required. Marshals are always expected to uphold the Code of Conduct when carrying out their duties and interactions for all events.
1. What is the age requirement for marshal?
Ans. To register as a marshal, you must be 18 years old or older as of 1 January 2019.
2. Are walk-up registrations accepted?
Ans. No, there is no on-spot registration. Interested applicants must register for the Marshal Community Program.
3. What should I wear?
Ans. Marshals are strongly advised not to wear slippers, sandals or any other form of footwear that exposes their toes on any volunteering day. Marshals are always expected to wear the Marshal T-Shirt (provided) and display accreditation pass while on duty.
4. When will I know if I have been selected as a volunteer?
Ans. Interested applicants need to create a User ID and Password for personal account on the website. Once you complete the online form and with all details, id proofs, marshals will receive an automated email within 24 hours acknowledging a successful application. If selected, you will receive further details on the selection process. Shortlisted applicants will receive event invitation mentioning all event details in it. Applicants are requested to sign into their account by using their user ID and password and accept or decline the invitation. Accepted marshals will receive further communication and will get invitation for marshal’s orientation with date and address.
5. What happens if I don't show up on the day of the event?
Ans. Marshals who do not fulfil the required duties as per their allocation may not be entitled to the volunteer’s certificate and allowance. This includes leaving early and/or arriving late. Should the marshal have valid reasons, the Organiser reserves the right to decide if he/she should get the marshals certificate and allowance on a case by case basis.
6. I have submitted a volunteer application form, but something came up and I would like to cancel my participation. Do I need to inform someone and when?
Ans. Marshals who wish to withdraw from the event must inform the Organiser of their intention by email immediately.
7. I cannot be there on the day of the Race. However, I want to help during the days before the Race, will I be able to do so?
Ans. Pre-race, there is a four day Get Active Mirchi Expo, that volunteers can assist on. But all selected marshals must be present for all four days of the expo.
8. May I be replaced by a friend or an acquaintance, should I fail to show up?
Ans. You cannot transfer your Marshal roles & duties once confirmed.
9. I don't know anything about Marathons, can I still join?
Ans. Yes, the Marshal Community Program encourages everyone to help and volunteer at the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2020.
10. What time do we have to report there?
Ans. Once you complete the online form and with all details, id proofs, marshals will receive an automated email within 24 hours acknowledging a successful application. If selected, you will receive further details on the selection process. Shortlisted applicants will receive event invitation mentioning all event details in it.
11. Is there any (monetary) benefit in return?
Ans.Marshals who offer their services for more than a day will receive conveyance allowance of Rs. 200/- per day. Each marshal will receive one marshal T-shirt, cap, a certificate.
12. When / How many days prior will the briefing happen?
Ans. Depending on the role you are shortlisted for, you will be informed prior via email on the briefing for the role.
1. How do I register as a volunteer?
Ans. Upon registering for a volunteer role, you’ll receive an automatic email confirmation; shortlisted applicants will receive further details on the selection process. Selected applicants will receive an event invitation with detailed information about the event closer to race day. You can log on to the website to confirm or to cancel the invitation if you are no longer available.
2. How do I access my marshal account?
Ans. Once you register on the Marshal Community Program site, each user is provided a User Name & ID, the same can be used to access your account.
3. Can I register for another volunteer?
Ans. Not permitted, each interested applicant for the Marshal Program must register their own names and details to generate an individual User IDs for certification and payments.
4. How do I know if I am registered?
Ans. Once you complete the online form and with all details, id proofs, marshals will receive an automated email within 24 hours acknowledging a successful application. If selected, you will receive further details on the selection process.
5. What information can I access through my volunteer account?
Ans. Apart from receiving SMS & Email updates. Once a confirmed marshal logs in to their account Event information, dates, timings, job allocation and description, briefing details, who to report, where to report. Payment details.
1. What am I entitled to as a Volunteer?
Ans. Marshals who offer their services for more than a day will receive conveyance allowance of Rs. 200/- per day. Each marshal will receive one marshal T-shirt, cap, a certificate.
2. What is the volunteer uniform?
Ans. All confirmed marshals will receive a T-shirt, and cap. We advise all marshals to avoid wearing open toed shoes, slippers or sandals on the day of volunteering.
3. Is food provided?
Ans. Yes, all confirmed marshals will receive food and snack boxes on the day of volunteering.
4. Transportation and parking included?
Ans. There is no transportation and parking included, all confirmed marshals must bring your own transportation.